Thursday, October 27, 2005

Transition Tango!!!!

Oh man--concept of new job, excellent--but we are still pounding out this stupid stuff here and the new place is sort of asking me to also "look" at things (read: start working on them) and, well, I just feel like CINDERELMO!

Remember how I said I love my colleagues? I do! But you know, you just know, I don't mean ALL of them, doncha? I have been diplomatic for the sake of...something, I don't know, Christianity or something, but lest you think I am a goody two shoes, I'm not. BECAUSE there is one person here that I loathe. And she just came down and chatted with me, in her churlish, no eye-contact way. Then she looked at my beloved ivy plant, that has flourished here during my tenure, giving me hope every day that something can actually thrive in this toxic environ.

And, she said, "Before you leave, give me a cutting from your ivy."

AS IF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doesn't that totally sound like some fairy tale bargain? Some kind of nefarious secret pact, some kind of voodoo, Rumplestiltskin, forest-dwelling, give-me-your first-born, kind of clause? I don't like it.

How can I conveniently "forget"?

My plant. My beloved plant. My Samson. Were I to cleave its lush curling tendril, would I sap the life out of it? To turn it over to The Undeserving One? Who has made my life a living HELL? Who is the primary reason for my frantic job search amid all this life chaos. She wants a PIECE OF ME!!!!!!!

It's vegetation cannibalism.

Do you think I am overreacting?

|

Cynicism is another word for reality

Email me, you derelict wastrel

Image hosting by Photobucket

  • My Little Girl Turns Two Today
  • I Got...
  • A Place in the Sun
  • Icarus Descending (More on Steve Almond's Salon Pi...
  • Like we needed any more proof Steve Almond is a Jerk
  • Bury My Heart...Under My Desk
  • Please Notice When You're Happy
  • The Fugue
  • Tina Brown Slut Redux
  • Today Haiku



  • Gargoyle Magazine
  • Paycock Press "Enhanced Gravity: More Fiction by Washington Area Women"(JUNE 2006!!!!)
  • Chattahoochee Review Winter 2002
  • Main Street Rag, Volume 7, Number 4, Winter 2003
  • Pangolin Papers Spring 2001


  • Gargoyle Magazine
  • Gorgeous Cape Cod Paintings
  • Mimi Smartypants
  • The New Yorker
  • ninjapoodles
  • Rabbit Blog
  • Reader of Depressing Books
  • Sexy Brussels Lady
  • Suburban Bliss
  • Thumbless Wonder
  • The Washington Post
  • I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Wino
  • Weaker Vessel
  • Gingajoy
  • MOM101
  • Suburban Turmoil
  • The Wit Memo
  • - Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+




    Designed by Troll Baby Graphics