Monday, August 01, 2005

What I Learned This Summer

It's Sunday. I am at work. Some things I learned this summer:
  • I have a rapacious work ethic
  • I can use rapacious in a sentence
  • I am a recovering slacker
  • I like being a slacker better
  • People are full of shit (not so much learned as reinforced)
  • Music=survival
  • BlogHer is a convention meant to make us neophytes feel like uninvited prom dates
  • Lots of bloggers are bipolar
  • Sex is about release without contrivances and artifical ingredients
  • Sex is a mood enhancer
  • Work is a soul depleter
  • Music=sex
  • Birth School Work Death=truth
  • People really, truly, absolutely do not like to work hard
  • People are really good at pretending they work hard
  • People are really good at saying, "I was here until 11:00 last night"
  • I am really good at not being impressed by people who say, "I was here until 11:00 last night"
  • Some people want a baby for the wrong reasons
  • Sometimes a man who has had the brain sucked out of his head by a shitty marriage gets a second chance
  • I need to get back to work
  • I want to go on vacation. Right now. Splash. Lake. Ancestral summer home
  • Brideshead needs to be revisited

|

Cynicism is another word for reality

Email me, you derelict wastrel

Image hosting by Photobucket

  • Idle
  • Crabby!
  • Rain, Celestial Mountains, Coffee
  • After Dinner Cry
  • Literary Magazines
  • It Goes On, And Then It Rains
  • Karl Rove, A Fat Gay Eunich? Our Suspicions Confir...
  • Morning Haiku
  • Dragonflies and Nominees
  • I Coulda Been a Retiree



  • Gargoyle Magazine
  • Paycock Press "Enhanced Gravity: More Fiction by Washington Area Women"(JUNE 2006!!!!)
  • Chattahoochee Review Winter 2002
  • Main Street Rag, Volume 7, Number 4, Winter 2003
  • Pangolin Papers Spring 2001


  • Gargoyle Magazine
  • Gorgeous Cape Cod Paintings
  • Mimi Smartypants
  • The New Yorker
  • ninjapoodles
  • Rabbit Blog
  • Reader of Depressing Books
  • Sexy Brussels Lady
  • Suburban Bliss
  • Thumbless Wonder
  • The Washington Post
  • I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Wino
  • Weaker Vessel
  • Gingajoy
  • MOM101
  • Suburban Turmoil
  • The Wit Memo
  • - Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+




    Designed by Troll Baby Graphics