Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Whither Laudanum?

You know that scene in “Betty Blue” when she realizes she’s not pregnant and she cuts off all her hair and submerges her hands into a bowl of goop? Right before she gouges out her eye with her fingers? That’s how I feel today. That’s why “Betty Blue” is one of my favorite movies, because I can totally relate to a woman who is passionate but right straight on the outer edge. I’m not going to gouge out my eyes or anything, right now at least, but I might submerge my hands into something messy and inappropriate and cut off all my hair and sit in a corner in a semi-catatonic rocking state. Why the hell did they discontinue laudanum? I think that would do the trick. A little tincture of opium. Something to cut right through the reality like Liquid Plumr through a thicket of drain clog. That is the kind of day I am having. Just wanted to reflect the most current state of affairs. Would write more, but must return to the task at hand: excavating my soul on the Planet Work.

|

Cynicism is another word for reality

Email me, you derelict wastrel

Image hosting by Photobucket

  • Existential Page Turner
  • The Young Turks
  • Downing Street Memo
  • Presidential and Musical Love Quandries
  • La Vida Loca
  • Zoo Story
  • Summertime at the Goose Preserve
  • Ratalie
  • Working Hard or Hardly Working...
  • Existential Questioning of Life Direction



  • Gargoyle Magazine
  • Paycock Press "Enhanced Gravity: More Fiction by Washington Area Women"(JUNE 2006!!!!)
  • Chattahoochee Review Winter 2002
  • Main Street Rag, Volume 7, Number 4, Winter 2003
  • Pangolin Papers Spring 2001


  • Gargoyle Magazine
  • Gorgeous Cape Cod Paintings
  • Mimi Smartypants
  • The New Yorker
  • ninjapoodles
  • Rabbit Blog
  • Reader of Depressing Books
  • Sexy Brussels Lady
  • Suburban Bliss
  • Thumbless Wonder
  • The Washington Post
  • I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Wino
  • Weaker Vessel
  • Gingajoy
  • MOM101
  • Suburban Turmoil
  • The Wit Memo
  • - Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+




    Designed by Troll Baby Graphics